OK, so what is Local Search as a Service?
In terms of industry competition, businesses are constantly raising the bar when it comes to attracting new customers and simplifying online transactions. The solution? Taking advantage of geolocation to facilitate localisation and create customer proximity. A key tool when implementing this strategy is Local Search as a Service (LSaaS), a localised search engine. Essential for improving conversion, streamlining checkout and encouraging Web-to-Store purchases, LSaaS can have a significant impact on both web performance and in-store profits. Read on to discover how LSaaS can benefit to your point-of-sale network, improve the customer journey and ultimately boost your sales.
Including LSaaS in your digital strategy
By combining Google Maps comprehensive platform with a customer’s geolocation data and localised assets, LSaaS is able to:
- Maintain and display information about your point of sale, such as opening times or contact details;
- Match points of sale to a customer’s ‘location profile’ (established as a result of previous searches), as well as responding to specific location-based requests, e.g. ‘Is there a bookshop next to Notting Hill Gate tube station?’
Easy to integrate into your website or application via an ultra-lightweight library, LSaaS does not require any complex coding or development. Rather, LSaaS incorporates itself into the customers online purchase journey, meshing their location with nearby points of sale in order to improve conversion and boost in-store presence.
LSaaS: a key factor in determining e-retail success
Powerful yet discreet, LSaaS’s algorithm leaves no stone unturned when it comes to improving the user experience, from responding to search requests made by connected devices to facilitating order delivery and collection. More specifically, LSaaS:
- Instantly suggests nearby points of sale based on the user’s current location, including an itinerary;
- Encourages Web-to-Store and Click & Collect processes (incorporating Store Locator and/or Product Locator functions guarantees the item’s availability in the selected store);
- Improves the user experience by drawing on multi-channel retailing (ease of navigation, personalised offers, mobile-friendly layout);
- Boosts conversion – customers are more likely to click ‘Add to Basket’ if they’re sure a product is available;
- Offers simplified delivery options thanks to geolocation data, as well as online delivery tracking once the order is confirmed.
How does LSaaS work?
How many times have you had to manually enter a postcode or address to find out if an item was available in-store? Although seemingly straightforward, this step is often perceived as an obstacle by online shoppers, who can lose motivation and quit your website. It can cost your business money.
Fortunately, this is where LSaaS steps in. Its main goal? Shorten and simplify the customer’s purchase journey, reducing as far as possible the kind of obstacles mentioned above. It does this via geolocation data obtained from the customer’s connected device, whether a smartphone, a tablet or a PC.
LSaaS links customers with the entirety of your business’ point-of-sale network within a given radius, significantly improving their online purchase journey – saving them time, displaying up-to-date information about stock levels, and offering the possibility to reserve online or via Click & Collect.
Benefits for your business include reducing the likelihood that your prospect visits a competitor, as well as increased visibility and up-to-date information about points of sale, such as new closings/openings and changes to trading hours.
More than just a handy tool for your e-retail business, Local Search as a Service has the potential to become an integral part of your digital strategy. By considerably streamlining checkout and simplifying the customer’s online experience, LSaaS can significantly boost your business’ profits, improving conversion by 15% on average. So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to kickstart your e-commerce activity by placing local search results at the heart of your online strategy!
To learn more, find out how Woosmap – Web Geo Services’ geolocation platform – can help you build a LSaaS that’s perfectly adapted to your business’ digital needs.