Google Location Innovation Challenge 2016 : Web Geo Services rewarded
In 2016, Google organised a worldwide competition to reward its best partners in the provision of geolocation solutions. To secure one of the three prizes up for grabs in the ‘Location Innovation Challenge’, entrants had to outperform the competition on the following criteria:
- a solution that meets an expressed market need (weighting of 35%),
- originality of the proposed solution (weighting of 35%),
- using at least one API Google Maps (weighting of 30%).
- On these criteria, Web Geo Services was able to demonstrate its many key strengths, and to outshine the rest in terms of both technology and user experience.
Web Geo Services effectively provides a solution to an actual need for performance and immediacy
Geolocation assists in real-time tracking, in finding places, and helps those who use the service to save time through optimised route calculation. Location latency and error is reduced if not eliminated. But Web Geo Services has broken new ground, making it possible to generate and process consumer location data so as to accelerate their digital user journey.
“Internet users input their postcode on e-commerce websites more and more frequently, Web Geo Services’ mission is to gather and aggregate the necessary data so that they don’t to have to repeat the same action 50 times a week” – Jean-Thomas Rouzin, CEO of Web Geo Services.
Web Geo Services also provides an intuitive and innovative solution
- The solution is easy to implement and quickly operational.
- It is secure because it uses the Woosmap platform, with an SLA that meets Google’s standards.
The solution developed and marketed by Web Geo Services uses Google’s location platform
Google Partner Web Geo Services extracts data from the Google Maps database to provide reliable information focused on the twin axes of space (i.e. location/route/distance) and time (i.e. journey time). Furthermore, provision of map view via Google Maps adds a visual element that facilitates decision-making.
This further cements the relationship between Google and its partner Web Geo Services and strengthens the synergies between the two entities, reflected in Web Geo Services’ achievement of Premier Status at the start of 2016.